Skinny Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn May 9, 2021
Pasta and seafood is a great culinary combination. Pasta “El Dente” with succulent shrimp cooked in white wine with shallots and garlic. Well, that is a wonderful meal for just about anyone. This skinny version will tickle your taste buds and keep your heart healthy.
- 8 oz uncooked multigrain angel hair (capellini) pasta or spaghetti
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 lb fresh medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail shells removed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
1- In 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Cover to keep warm.
2- While pasta is cooking, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1 minute. Add shrimp, garlic, and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 minutes.
3- Stir in wine, broth, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and butter until butter is melted. Add shrimp mixture to pasta mixture in saucepan; toss to mix.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.