Oat Crusted Salmon With Veggie Kebobs
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn July 21, 2020
Salmon is a wonderful fish to enjoy especially if you are maintaining a heart-healthy diet. This fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, high in B-vitamins, is a great source of potassium, and may reduce the risk of heart disease.
The recipe not only features the “Oat Crusted Salmon” but also a side of veggie kebobs to make this a complete heart-healthy meal.
- 2 x 100-120g salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 medium red capsicum, halved, seeded, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- ½ red onion, cut into chunks
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/ 366 F. Line a small baking tray and a large baking tray with baking paper. Set aside
2. To prepare salmon crust, place rolled oats, almonds, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil in a mortar and pestle and pound until paste forms. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, a small food processor can be used instead.
3. Place salmon fillets onto prepared small baking tray and press crust on top. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until salmon is cooked and crust is golden.
4. To prepare vegetable skewers, place capsicum, zucchini, red onion, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and pepper into a small bowl and toss to combine. Thread the vegetables onto 4 skewers.
5. Place vegetable skewers onto the prepared large baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are roasted and cooked through.
Serve salmon with vegetable skewers and a lemon wedge.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.