Heart Healthy Pizza Wow!
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn August 16, 2022
Everyone loves pizza, but what do you do if you’re on a sodium-restricted diet for health reasons? Do you skip pizza all together since most recipes are very high in sodium and all of the pizza you get for takeout or delivery is sodium laden? If you answered yes to that question, this Homemade Heart Healthy Pizza recipe will be life altering for you. Don’t ever skip your favorite food again, just make it yourself with this low sodium recipe that tastes way better than delivery!
For the Sauce:
- 4 8-oz cans no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, Garlic Blend
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ can light beer (optional, but it breaks down the acids in the tomato sauce)
For the Crust:
- 1.5 cups bread flour (or any flour with 0 sodium)
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
- 2 + 1 tbsp Olive Oil (you’ll need to separate them out)
- ½ cup water
Toppings for the Pizza:
- 1-2 cups blend of Mozzarella, Swiss, Monterrey Jack, Parmesan (all lower sodium cheeses)
- Toppings of choice – avoid pepperoni, ham, and other high-sodium foods. Instead use fresh vegetables, ground turkey, chicken, and fruits. This is where the sodium count comes in so be careful and read labels!
For the Sauce:
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, add wet ingredients and stir.
2. Add all spices, mix to blend thoroughly.
3. Simmer over low-medium heat for at least ½ an hour (the longer you simmer, the better the flavors will blend).
For the Crust:
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix your flour and seasoning.
2. Pour the water and 2 tbsp oil into the bowl and mix until dough consistency. If it’s a little too sticky, pour in a little more flour, and finish kneading.
3. Roll into a ball, pour the remaining tablespoon of oil over the ball, and place it in a covered bowl for about 5 minutes for the oil to work its way in.
4. Remove dough ball from the bowl, making sure the oil is thoroughly covering it, and form into a round crust on a tinfoil-covered pizza stone.
5. Crimp up the sides to form the crust to hold the toppings.
6. Before topping it, poke a few holes in the crust’s bottom, and cook on the middle rack of your oven on 425º for 5-6 minutes.
For the Pizza:
1. Spread desired amount of sauce on partially baked pizza crust.
2. Cover with cheese blend.
3. Add toppings of choice.
4. Bake at 425º for 15-20 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is a nice golden brown.
5. Slice, serve, enjoy your heart-healthy pizza.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.