What is RESPeRATE?
RESPeRATE, the world’s only FDA-cleared, non-drug hypertension treatment device.
- Clinically proven to deliver sustained reduction in high blood pressure within 8 weeks.
- Doctor recommended for 15 years
- Safe to use in conjunction with medications.
- No sides effects, aside from better sleep
- 250,000 users
How and Why Does RESPeRATE Work?
After each session of device guided breathing, respiration returns to normal, but the beneficial impact on blood pressure accumulates and is maintained with routine use.
To adjust the volume on your device, simply press the UP or DOWN arrow button on the device’s keypad. The volume icon is displayed on the device’s screen, along with the current volume level. Continue pressing the button until you reach your preferred volume. After a few seconds, RESPeRATE automatically returns to the previous display.
To select a melody, simply press the MELODY SELECT button. The melody icon is displayed on the device’s screen, along with the current melody number. Use the UP or DOWN button to scroll between melodies. For your convenience, RESPeRATE remembers your most recent melody choice.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team if you have further questions. Please note, if you feel that RESPeRATE is not for you, you may return the device within 60 days of purchase and we will refund – no questions asked
The “Effective Exercise Time” is the total amount of time (in minutes) spent breathing in the therapeutic zone of under ten breaths per minute. Please note that the “Effective Exercise Time” also depends on proper positioning of the respiration sensor and will be somewhat less than the actual time spent. If you feel that Effective Exercise Time log is significantly less than the time you spent in breathing under 10 breaths per minute, reposition the sensor.
For your convenience, RESPeRATE automatically displays the “weekly effective exercise” time for a brief moment each time you turn on the device. The RESPeRATE will update this number every day by adding the amount of “effective exercise” you logged today and subtract the “effective exercise” you logged 8 days ago.
This number may go down. For example, if you don’t use the device for 7 days the number will be 0. So, make sure you log enough exercise to always keep that number above 45 minutes.
RESPeRATE will automatically readjust the melody to your new breathing rate and pattern and begin again to guide you toward a slower breathing rate.
Note: In the first few sessions, your slowest comfortable breathing rate might be higher than 10 breaths per minute
2breathe: Sleep Inducer
Is 2breathe Right For Me
2breathe is a smart device and mobile app that guides your breathing to induce sleep. It uses proven technology to lower your neural sympathetic activity and help you fall asleep. To watch 2breathe in action click here.
2breathe’s focus is not on tracking, but on actually inducing sleep. It does so without chemicals or months of training. To help you decide if 2breathe is right for you, we have compiled a brief overview of how it’s different that the popular sleep aid categories:
- Sleeping pills (prescription or “natural”) – 2breathe is not a drug and it has no chemicals. There is no ‘next day grogginess’, drug-to-drug interactions, or long term dependencies. 2breathe uses only breathing and music to get you to sleep..
- Sleep Trackers(i.e. Fitbit, Beddit) – Sleep Trackers are very cool and can tell you a lot about your sleep issues. We think that while sleep tracking is interesting, sleep inducing is what you really want and that is exactly what 2breathe delivers. If you already own a tracker, fantastic – It will show you how 2breathe helps you. If not, don’t worry. 2breathe actually knows when you falls asleep and the built in reports help you see how your sleep improves.
- Relaxing music/White noise devices and apps – These devices and apps are great if they work for you and help you fall and stay asleep. 2breathe actually uses a relaxing tone as part of it’s technology but takes it to another level. The tones are not pre-recorded but composed in real time to fit your own breathing pattern, guiding you to prolong the exhalation in a way which is proven to lower your neural sympathetic activity and help you fall asleep.
- Sleep hygiene programs and apps (i.e. Simple tips to Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) programs) – Sleep hygiene tips and CBT programs have been proven to work. Most of the tips are easy to understand, (e.g.. eat before 6PM, turn off screens one hour prior to sleep), but in many cases are not so easy to incorporate into our busy lives. This is where the CBT programs come into play. Paying for a coach or a program, you tend to be more compliant to the changes required. One of the most effective elements of CBT programs is breathing exercises, but these are not easy to perform without training. This is exactly where 2breathe comes in. It provides the proven breathing exercise part without any training or effort. To ensure that you get the most out of 2breathe, we’ve included a personalized onboarding coach with no additional costs.
Most people with issues falling asleep begin to see improvements after a few 2breathe sessions. People who have issues staying asleep need to use 2breathe as a daily breathing exercise and will gradually see improvements. Night wake ups become fewer and falling back to sleep after wake ups become easier. See USING 2BREATHE TO IMPROVE SLEEP below for more details.
How & Why Does 2breathe Work?
2breathe was developed from the proven medical technology used in our first product, RESPeRATE. RESPeRATE is the first non medical device proven to lower blood pressure approved by the FDA and recommended by the AHA. Tens of thousands of people maintain a lower blood pressure with RESPeRATE.
RESPeRATE’s only side effect was that users were falling asleep in mid session! We decided to take the side effect and make it a feature of a new device adapted to help the millions who suffer from sleeplessness.
To see how it works watch our 2breathe Overview Tutorial here.
Typically, it’s our racing mind that interferes with the natural process. Anxious thoughts keep popping up not allowing our body to fall asleep, and frequently prevent us from reaching deep sleep, causing wake ups during the night.
2breathe induces sleep by captivating the racing mind, keeping it focused on breathing via its guiding tones. As the tones gradually prolong exhalation and slow breathing, the neural sympathetic activity, is reduced allowing the mind & body to relax into sleep.
2breathe takes methods of ‘mindfulness meditation’ which have been demonstrated to reduce insomnia  to the next level. With 2breathe, the whole breathing synchronization and prolonging the exhalation process happens subway you can’t do on your own. The guiding tones affect the emotional, and not the cognitive part of the brain, as other methods such as counting or “thinking about it” tend to do.
Furthermore, 2breathe’s core patented technology composes the guiding tones in real-time, in a way that continuously adapts to the user’s ability to be guided. Such interactive guidance creates an optimal and personalized breathing exercise shown to play a prominent role in the beneficial effect far beyond pre-recorded relaxing tones used by most breathing apps [2-4].
- David S. Black, PhD, MPH et al. Mindfulness Meditation and Improvement in Sleep Quality and Daytime Impairment Among Older Adults With Sleep Disturbances; JAMA Intern Med. 2015;175(4):494-501. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2014.8081
- Schein MH, Gavish B, Herz M, Rosner-Kahana D, Naveh P, Knishkowy B, Zlotnikov E, Ben-Zvi N, Melmed RN. Treating hypertension with a device that slows and regularises breathing: a randomised, double-blind controlled study. J Hum Hypertens. 2001;15:271-278.
- Ekman I, Kjellström B, Falk K, Norman J, Swedberg K. Impact of device-guided slow breathing on symptoms of chronic heart failure: a randomized, controlled feasibility study. Eur J Heart Fail. 2011;13:1000-1005.
- Oneda B, Ortega KC, Gusmão JL, Araújo TG, Mion D Jr. Sympathetic nerve activity is decreased during device-guided slow breathing. Hypertens Res. 2010 Jul;33(7):708-712.
Typically, the only “side effects” of 2breathe were positive ones. In addition to falling asleep and staying asleep with regular use, some users report feeling relaxed and having reduced stress and anxiety.
As with all breathing exercise we do provide the following precautions
- Do not use 2breathe without consulting your physician if you suffer or have suffered in the past from: active ischemic heart disease/unstable angina, bradycardia, severe congestive heart failure, chronic atrial fibrillation, stroke resulting in permanent impairment, chronic renal failure, severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), like chronic bronchitis and emphysema, major organ failure, sleep paralysis, have a pacemaker or if you are pregnant.
- Do not use your 2breathe when you need to be alert or to concentrate, or when using heavy equipment.
- Do not use 2breathe while driving.
- If you feel any negative change in your general health or mood, immediately discontinue use of your 2breathe, and contact your physician.
- Breathe effortlessly throughout the exercise. Excessive deep breathing may cause dizziness and palpitations.
If you are allergic to any substance that comes into contact with your skin or if you suspect an allergic reaction due to using the product, check the listed materials in the Technical Specification at www.2breathe.com/specifications. In case of any skin reactions, stop using the product and consult with your physician.
Using The App
there are two methods for using 2breathe, either falling asleep with the sensor or if your issue is staying asleep, we recommend using 2breathe as a daily breathing exercise allowing its therapeutic benefit to accumulate. As many people will experience both conditions at some point we recommend reading both detailed descriptions.
Using 2breathe to fall asleep
Having trouble falling asleep is typically an issue of “an inability to calm your racing mind,” physiologically called elevated neural sympathetic activity.
2breathe transforms your breathing into tones that gradually guide you to prolonged exhalation and slow breathing. Within minutes, neural sympathetic activity is reduced allowing the mind & body to relax into sleep.
So, if you have a hard time falling asleep, we recommend that you use 2breathe in bed when you are ready to turn in for the night. At some point during the session you will begin to feel drowsy and it will be harder to follow the guiding tones. Don’t fight it! Simply breathe as you wish and allow yourself to fall asleep. The sensor and app will completely shut off 10 minutes after you fall asleep.
Using 2breathe to stay asleep
Unlike with falling asleep issues, it’s hard to pinpoint the exact cause of staying asleep issues. As we get older, we typically wake up more often to use the bathroom and many times find it hard to get back to sleep. Some people also find themselves waking up far earlier than planned and simply call it a night.
Breathing exercises have been found to have a beneficial cumulative effect in assisting people to maintain and get back to sleep. Think about it as reconditioning your neural network. As with other physical exercise, seeing results might take four to six weeks and continued practice is typically required to maintain the effect.
We recommend performing a 15 minute daily breathing exercise session (without falling asleep). When done, remove the sensor and go to sleep as you normally do (or go about your business if you are performing the session during the day). To receive maximum benefits of this breathing exercise, your goal is NOT to fall asleep but rather to follow the tones throughout the whole session.
You can find the 2breathe app in the app store on your iOS device. Search for 2breathe and download it to your device.
If you are using the session as an exercise, you should follow the tones for a 15 minute session every day. (see USING 2BREATHE TO IMPROVE SLEEP above).
The session duration defaults can be changed in your app preference menu.
Purchasing, Shipping, Taxes, Returns
Shipping and Taxes
Money back guarantee, Returns, Privacy, Terms & Conditions and other policies
Your order is covered by our 60-Day Money Back Guarantee, which starts upon your receipt of your order, less processing and handling of in the amount of $40 for RESPeRATE and $25 for 2breathe.
How RESPeRATE Works
How to Use RESPeRATE
Presenting RESPeRATE to Patients
2breathe: Sleep Inducer
Wear & Position
RESPeRATE Clinical Brochure
RESPeRATE printable Log book
Resperate 152 User manual (English)
RESPeRATE 152 Quick guide (English)
RESPeRATE 152 Welcome letter (English)
RESPeRATE 152 Quick guide (Hebrew)
RESPeRATE 152 User manuals (Hebrew)
2breathe: Sleep Inducer
2breathe product page
2breathe iOS app
Call UsUSA: 1-800-220-1925
Our call center is open Mon-Friday 9AM-8PM (EST) and Sun 9AM-5PM (EST).
Our Hebrew call center is open Sun-Thursday 9AM-5PM (Israel time).