One of the things I enjoy about the fall is the vegetables. I know that now a days you can by vegetables year round from all over the world. But if you like eating organic and according to the season, then fall vegetables are my favorite. Today’s recipe includes succulent flank steak cook with vegetables. This is surely a nice heart healthy comfort food for those chilly days.
16 ounces (1 pound) extra lean beef flank steak
4 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried basil
4 large carrots
½ pound parsnips
1) Trim all fat from measured amount of flank steak.
2) Peel and mice garlic; place in small bowl with Balsamic vinegar, measured amount of olive oil, and basil.
3) Wash and peel carrot; slice thinly. Wash and peel parsnips; slice thinly. Wash and slice leek.
4) Place a heavy piece of aluminum foil inside of a shallow oven-safe container, such as a Pyrex pan. Place meat on foil.
5) Stir together olive oil/vinegar/herb combination; spread evenly over flank steak.
6) Place vegetables on top of and around flank steak. Seal foil tightly around flank steak.
7) Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: (per serving)
Calories From Fat: 126
Total Fat: 14 g
Cholesterol: 58.5 mg
Sodium: 141.6 mg
Protein: 27.1 g
Carbohydrates: 34.4 g
Fiber: 5.1 g
Calcium: 125.4 mgClick Here
For More Heart Healthy Recipes
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects. RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones. Learn More…