The American Heart Association reports that one in three people suffer from hypertension in the United States. The symptoms of high blood pressure are not evident, and by the time symptoms develop, it has often become a life-threatening condition. Along with dietary and lifestyle changes, you might decide to try herbs to help reduce your blood pressure. Some herbs may cause side effects, so you can consult your health practitioner or a “Naturopath” practitioner, before using herbs to treat this serious condition.
Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally With Herbs
1. Indian Snakeroot– This herb has been used for years traditionally to treat many problems related to the heart. Indian snakeroot (Rauwolfia serpentine) does improve cardiovascular health by lowering the blood pressure. This herb has high levels of alkaloid reserpine, a powerful compound that regulates heart function in the body. This is extremely helpful when heart issues or blood pressure is due to stress or high levels of anxiety.
2. Garlic– Garlic is a very powerful herb that is well-known to be highly effective for a number of physical ailments. In fact, many of the benefits of garlic are still being discovered. Recent research done at the University of Berlin found that garlic can remove nanoplaque. Nanoplaque is a compound that gets deposited on the walls of cells, which leads to clogged arteries and atherosclerosis. Garlic is known to stop blood clots, lower overall cholesterol levels, which will stop high blood pressure.
3. Ginkgo Biloba– Ginkgo biloba can thin the blood while dilating your blood vessels, which allow the blood to circulate more easily, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. This popular herb is also high in important antioxidants, terpenoids, and flavonoids, which are known to lower blood pressure, which improves the health of your heart.
4. Hawthorn– Hawthorn supports the overall health of your cardiovascular system by strengthening the walls of the heart. It’s also a terrific tonic for those with heart issues. Hawthorn can also reduce blood pressure when taken as directed. Always consult your doctor before you start any herbal treatment.
5. Cinnamon– This is a tasty way to bring down your blood pressure. It’s easy to consume this tasty herb in your daily diet. Studies show that consuming cinnamon every day lowers blood pressure in those with diabetes. Try adding a dash to your coffee in the morning for a unique taste. Read more about health benefits of cinnamon.
6. Basil– This is another delicious way to lower your blood pressure. Basil works well in so many foods! Basil extract has been shown in studies to lower blood pressure (but only for a short while). Add more fresh basil to your diet, it certainly won’t hurt anything! You can probably grow basil right in your kitchen window.
7. Cat’s Claw– Traditional Chinese medicine has used cat’s claw to treat high blood pressure as well as neurological problems. Studies show that it can help reduce your blood pressure by acting on the calcium channels inside cells. You can buy cat’s claw in many different forms at any health food store or online.
8. French Lavender– Not only does this plant smell heavenly, it’s long been used to induce relaxation. This herb can lower your blood pressure by making you more calm and relaxed. Although many people don’t think of lavender as something you can eat, the fact is, you can! Use the flowers in baked goods. The leaves can be used anyplace you use rosemary.
9. Celery Seed– Celery seed is a terrific herb that can be used to add flavor to soups, casseroles, egg dishes, and stews. China has used celery seed for hundreds of years to treat high blood pressure, but you can actually juice the entire plant, leaves and all, and get the same effects. Celery is known diuretic, which might be why it lowers blood pressure so effectively. A word of caution. I used this one and it works great, but I did grow tired of excessive trips to the bathroom.
10. Cardamom– This spice comes to use from India and is used quite often in the South Asian foods. One study found that subjects that ate powdered cardamom every day for several months had a significant reduction in their blood pressure.
11. Divya Mukta Vati– Mukta Vati is an ayurvedic medicine. It is an antidepressant and antihypertensive medicine. It is effective in curing high blood pressure. The vati helps in lowering of blood pressure and also stress disorders. And hence provides a calming effect on your mind.
Personally, I use three of this natural remedies but I only use 1 consistently every morning. The one I use every morning is Divya Mukta Vati. Every morning I take 2 tablets with a glass of water. Now mind you I am on the lowest dose of hypertensive medication prescribed by my doctor. I think it makes him feel better.
Along with using RESPeRATE and diet my blood pressure the other morning was 117/58. That is the best I have registered ever since keeping records. I have been taking the Mukta Vati for the last 45 days. Also, I am recovering from a total knee replacement. I am 3 weeks out now and some days the pain is unbelievable especially after physical therapy. This is what made my blood pressure numbers so amazing to me. That despite what I am going through my numbers are remaining low.
I believe strongly in alternative forms of medicine. They truly work for many people. At the same time there is also a lot of quackery out there, so please get knowledgeable about what you want to do and see someone who specializes in this area. You would not want a plumber performing open heart surgery on you. So be smart, read, research and then decide.
You must not rely solely on the information on our website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers.
If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare providers.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.
You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on our website.Click Here
For More Information
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects. RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones. Learn More…