Traditional medicine (also known as indigenous or folk medicine) comprises medical aspects of traditional knowledge that developed over generations within various societies before the era of modern medicine. Some of us had grandmothers who had medicinal recipes handed down from her mother and so on. Many times these remedies work better than anything else. So here are some tips from grandmas medicinal cabinet that just might help you sleep.
There are two main types of insomnia. The first one is when we struggle to get to sleep, but we can not, and the second one – when a person is in a state similar to sleep, but his body can’t rest, and one feels even more tired because of lack of adequate sleep.
The biggest problem with insomnia is to determine the exact cause of its appearance. According some sources the problem of lack of sleep due to the fact that one does not use up enough energy during the day. As a result, during the night he could not sleep because his organism has no need of sleep!
If your case is similar, there is a universal solution for deliverance from insomnia. Exercise in the active part of the day and improved diet will surely help you to get your rest.
If you suffer from insomnia, it is important to cancel all stimulating drinks such as coffee, tea or alcohol, especially at night. Reading before bed also helps, as well as watching a light comedy series on television before falling asleep.
13 Folk Recipes That Cure Insomnia
The positive effect of these recipes is proven by centuries, but those who have some chronic troubles, need to consult their doctor.
1.Before bedtime take a nice warm (but not hot) bath, adding 50-100 ml Valerian oil. Do not stay more than 10-12 minutes.
2. Drink 15-20 drops of Valerian (with a sip of water) 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals.
3.Rub warm oil in the arm pit, embrocation of the knees and the elbows, palms and feet.
4.If insomnia is caused by a rush of blood to the head, apply mustard or horseradish paws on the calves. Simultaneously drink 1glass of brine from pickled cucumbers and 1 tablespoon of honey.
5. Into pot of 3 liters boiling water add a handful of chopped oregano. Take it off from the stove. Wrap the pot with a piece of wool and leave it for an hour, then strain. Drink throughout the day.
6. After bathing, do not dry your hair with blow-dryer, make a turban instead with a warm towel.
7. Mix a tablespoon of rye grains with a tablespoon of oat grains. Pour in 0.6 liters of water and cook it until berries start cracks. Immediately strain, and drink it instead water.
8. If your insomnia is associated with sexual problems, mix equal parts of chopped fruit hops, lemon balm and mint. One tablespoon of the mixture, pour with beer 0,5l , leave it for 12 hours (shaking from time to time), strain. Drink half a cup, twice a day.
9. A cup of pumpkin juice mix with 2 tablespoons of honey. Put to boil, then boil it in a water bath about 20 minutes. Drink 1/4 cup, 3-4 times a day, 30 min. before eating.
10. Pour on a tablespoon of chamomile with 1.5 tea cups of boiling water. Boil in a water bath for 30minutes. Drink half cup before meals. This recipe is effective for curing migraine.
11. At dinner eat 2-3 cloves garlic. This helps against flu.
12. An hour before bedtime, drink a cup of freshly squeezed juice of cabbage.
13. At dinner, drink half a glass of freshly squeezed juice of raw potato. Immediately thereafter you will feel a little irritation of the throat, so do a gargle with water or drink some carrot juice or other fruit. This recipe helps with persistent headache.
So there you have it. I hope that some of these natural recipes help you get a great nights sleep. Should your condition be chronic, you may want to consult your health care provider.
For More Information
You must not rely on the information on our website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.
You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on our website.