Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn February 10, 2021
Delicious shrimp scampi with zoodles? What in the world are zoodles. I had not heard of this word until about a year ago. That is when I had learned a technique for turning ordinary zucchini into zoodles. Zoodles are a healthy way to enjoy pasta without the extra carbs. Although this recipe calls for linguine you can also for go should you wish to.
Enjoy this wonderful dish with a glass of white wine and a side salad to complement your dish. A wonderful heart healthy dish you can enjoy with friends and family with half the caloric intake.
- 6 oz.linguine
- 1 1/2 lb.peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 4cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp.olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice (from 1 to 2 large lemons)
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 12 oz. zucchini (about 3), spiralized on the thickest setting
- 1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley, chopped.
As Seen On TV Sale.
Get $65 FREE Extras. Shop Now >>
1. Cook pasta per pkg. directions. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water, drain pasta, and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss shrimp, garlic, olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Let sit at least 5 minutes.
3. Heat a large skillet on medium. Add shrimp mixture and cook until just barely opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, leaving any oil in the skillet.
4. Add lemon zest and pepper flakes and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add wine, scraping up any browned bits, then reduce by half. Stir in lemon juice and butter, then add zucchini noodles and simmer 2 minutes.
5. Return shrimp to the skillet along with pasta and toss to combine, adding some reserved pasta water if mixture seems dry. Sprinkle with parsley.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags: