Garlic is known to lower blood pressure, but it comes with a twist. Many have a problem with the strong taste and smell. Pickled Garlic, though, makes it more favorable, taking out the smells and adding flavors. Try this recipe below an add some garlic to many of your recipes.
- 3 garlic bulbs, separated into cloves. (The amount will vary slightly depending on the size of your garlic)
- 700 ml vinegar, eg: white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure salt (not table salt, which has anti-caking additives that will make the brine cloudy)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 all spice berries
- 1 whole dried chilli, or 0.5 teaspoon chilli flakes
- spring fresh basil
- Sterilized 500ml jar
- Blanch the garlic cloves in boiling water for one minute. This will loosen the papery skins and allow you to slip them off easily, once cool
- Measure all the spices into a sterilized jar
- Add the garlic cloves
- Boil the vinegar, then pour it over the garlic cloves
- Seal the jar and leave to cool overnight, before refrigerating.
Pickled cloves can be used in place of fresh garlic. Or try using them to stuff pitted olives, served alongside cheese canapés, added to Mediterranean stews, mashed into potato with olive oil, or served alongside other zingy palate cleansers at a raclette dinner. Click Here
For the full recipe and more.
About RESPeRATE – Lower Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones. Learn More…
Slowing your heart rate increases your life-span.
Mindfulness for a healthy mind and body
I would like to believe that I am a very calm person. A person ...
We all want to lose weight in order to keep our blood pressure down. But what do we do when ...
Blood pressure has two components, systolic and diastolic pressure. Systolic pressure is the first number of a blood pressure measurement ...
Research has proven that people who laugh on a regular basis have a lower blood pressure than the average person. ...
Chinese food has to be in the top 3 of my favorites when dining out. The only problem is with ...