A Warm Delicious Veggie Frittata Recipe
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn May 5, 2019
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelet or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses or vegetables.
I think this is an amazing dish to make on the weekend when things a relaxed and slow. It also keeps well in the refrigerator overnight for a quick Sunday morning treat.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into rounds about 1/3 – 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (55 g) mushrooms
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 handfuls spinach (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almond milk (or regular milk if you prefer)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of dried turmeric
- ½ tsp each (optional): onion or garlic powder, basil, oregano
- Garnish: With sliced avocado or other fresh veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Wash and prepare produce as directed.
- Use 1 teaspoon avocado or coconut oil to grease a medium skillet or oven-safe frying pan, then line the pan with the sliced sweet potatoes – and place in the warmed oven for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potato pan is cooking, heat a separate pan over medium heat, and add the remaining oil followed by the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Next, add the spinach to the onion pan and sauté until wilted (about 2 minutes), then remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 5 eggs and 2 egg whites, non-dairy milk plus salt and pepper, herbs and spices, then whisk together until well mixed.
- Once 20 minutes is up, remove the sweet potato pan from the oven and layer the sautéed onions and spinach on top of the sweet potatoes, and finally pour over the egg mixture into the pan.
- Place the pan back in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut and serve with your favorite garnish.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.