Veggie Quesadillas with Cilantro Yogurt Dip
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn February 14, 2018
Can you have Mexican food night on the DASH Diet? You sure can! The beans in this quesadilla are a great source of filling lean protein and dietary fiber. Corn tortillas are also a great fiber-full whole grain choice. The cilantro yogurt dip adds more flavor, protein, and calcium without adding excess calories. This meal is a great way to follow the DASH diet guidelines.
1 cup beans, black or pinto
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
½ bell pepper, finely chopped
½ cup corn kernels
1 cup low-fat shredded cheese
6 soft corn tortillas
1 medium carrot, shredded
½ jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
CILANTRO YOGURT DIP:
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
2 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
Juice from ½ of a lime
1. Preheat large skillet over low heat.
2. Line up 3 tortillas. Divide cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, shredded carrots, and peppers between the tortillas.
3. Cover each with a second tortilla.
4. Place a tortilla in a dry skillet and warm until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden about 3 minutes.
5. Flip and cook the other side until golden, about 1 minute.
6. In a small bowl mix together the nonfat yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice.
7. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges (12 wedges total) and serve 3 wedges per person with about ¼ cup of the dip.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.