I don’t know about you but when the summer months arrive with those hot temperatures, the last thing I want to do is stand in front of a stove. So sandwich wraps can be a great way to have a healthy meal without the heat. Assorted veggies freshen up leftover turkey in this healthy wrap. Cabbage and plum tomatoes are antioxidant-rich, and carrots provide a full day’s worth of vitamin A. Spread one tablespoon of Boursin cheese on spinach or tomato-basil tortillas for added color and flavor. Add a slice of cold watermelon for a sweet treat.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 3 ounces arugula leaves, stems discarded
- 3/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (8-inch) spinach, tomato-basil, or plain flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons light Boursin cheese, about 2/3 package
- 36 (1/8-inch-thick) slices cucumber, about half a large cucumber
- 18 (1/8-inch-thick) slices plum tomatoes, about 3 tomatoes
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked smoked turkey breast
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Boursin cheese over each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 6 slices cucumber, 3 slices tomato, and approximately 2 ounces turkey. Divide slaw mixture evenly among tortillas; spread on each and roll up. Cut each rolled wrap in half diagonally. Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap.
For More Heart Healthy Recipes
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
This one-pot chicken dish relies on a fun and unexpected technique: sautéing the meat alongside bite-sized tomatoes.
“The Role of Paced Breathing for Treatment of Hypertension”
If you’re looking for a natural remedy for high blood pressure and you haven’t had your vitamin D levels checked ...
Whether your are serving cheesy oven baked nachos, spicy bean burritos, or spicy chicken quesadillas, add this touch of southwestern ...
Classic French Onion Soup is one of the most tantalizing dishes one can make in a pot. The taste of ...
Eating fish at least twice a week can help reduce the risk of heart disease.