I don’t know about you but when the summer months arrive with those hot temperatures, the last thing I want to do is stand in front of a stove. So sandwich wraps can be a great way to have a healthy meal without the heat. Assorted veggies freshen up leftover turkey in this healthy wrap. Cabbage and plum tomatoes are antioxidant-rich, and carrots provide a full day’s worth of vitamin A. Spread one tablespoon of Boursin cheese on spinach or tomato-basil tortillas for added color and flavor. Add a slice of cold watermelon for a sweet treat.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 3 ounces arugula leaves, stems discarded
- 3/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (8-inch) spinach, tomato-basil, or plain flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons light Boursin cheese, about 2/3 package
- 36 (1/8-inch-thick) slices cucumber, about half a large cucumber
- 18 (1/8-inch-thick) slices plum tomatoes, about 3 tomatoes
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked smoked turkey breast
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Boursin cheese over each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 6 slices cucumber, 3 slices tomato, and approximately 2 ounces turkey. Divide slaw mixture evenly among tortillas; spread on each and roll up. Cut each rolled wrap in half diagonally. Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap.
For More Heart Healthy Recipes
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
Natural health physician and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola shares tips on how to control hypertension or high blood pressure ...
This amazingly delicious DASH diet sandwich recipe will be a crowd pleaser. Serve with a tossed salad and enjoy…
Studies indicate that cat’s claw may stimulate the immune system, help relax the smooth muscles (such as the intestines), dilate ...
Pistachio nuts originated in the Middle East. They are naturally low in sodium and monounsaturated fats and high in magnesium, ...
Apples are a great source of vitamin C, and it’s been shown that eating them daily can help reduce cholesterol, ...
Research shows that green Asparagus Reduces High Blood Pressure. The researchers concluded that the 2-hydroxynicotianamine in asparagus “may be ...