You can cook beef bourguignon on the hob – it’s no doubt the original method – but it is much easier to keep the heat constant in a moderate oven. (Plus it’s easier to clean up after yourself with the pot safely bubbling away out of sight.) Try this amazing take on French cuisine this weekend for a heart healthy dining experience. Ingredients
- 3 to 4 pound beef chuck roast, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 c. beef broth
- 2 c. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 large carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 springs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and quartered
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. While it heats, toss beef with oil. Sear beef in batches, 3 minutes per side. Between each batch, deglaze the pan with some red wine, scraping up any bits with a wooden spoon. Pour mixture into slow-cooker along with seared beef as it’s done.
- To slow-cooker add beef broth, mushrooms, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and remaining red wine. Cook on high 6 to 7 hours, until beef is easily shreddable. Thirty minutes before serving, remove herbs and add asparagus; cook until just tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
For More Heart Healthy Recipes.
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones. Learn More…
Decreased production of hormones such as testosterone and estrogen cause certain activity in the bloodstream, which can result in headaches ...
What if you had the chance to lower your blood pressure to normal levels in 2 weeks without medication? What ...
Marijuana has been used throughout the ages as a medicinal, as well as an recreational plant. But does marijuana lower ...
There are so many diets advertised that promise amazing results with no effort. I want to tell you an important ...
Recent surveys reveal that about 79 million people in the United States have high blood pressure.
Generally the first line of defense for hypertension is drug therapy. But before starting drug therapy, try lifestyle changes and ...