Slow-Cooker Spring Beef Bourguignon.
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn August 2, 2020
You can cook beef bourguignon on the hob – it’s no doubt the original method – but it is much easier to keep the heat constant in a moderate oven. (Plus it’s easier to clean up after yourself with the pot safely bubbling away out of sight.) Try this amazing take on French cuisine this weekend for a heart-healthy dining experience.
- 3 to 4 pound beef chuck roast, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 c. beef broth
- 2 c. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 large carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 springs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and quartered
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. While it heats, tosses beef with oil. Sear beef in batches, 3 minutes per side. Between each batch, deglaze the pan with some red wine, scraping up any bits with a wooden spoon. Pour mixture into slow-cooker along with seared beef as it’s done.
2. To slow-cooker add beef broth, mushrooms, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and remaining red wine. Cook on high 6 to 7 hours until beef is easily shreddable. Thirty minutes before serving, remove herbs and add asparagus; cook until just tender.
3. Garnish with parsley and serve.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.