Seared Heart Healthy Scallops With Snow Peas and Orange
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn April 7, 2021
Enjoy these scrumptious heart healthy scallops. Pan seared scallops with snow peas and orange. I enjoy pan searing my scallops in a good white wine with shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. Avoid searing them in butter as good as they taste they lose their heart healthy certificate. Place on a bed of fluffy couscous and serve with a fresh garden salad, and enjoy.
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 orange
- 3/4 pound snow peas, halved lengthwise
1. Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Pat the scallops dry and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover.
4. Using a vegetable peeler, remove 4 strips of zest from the orange. Thinly slice them.
5. Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas, orange zest, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
6. Cook, tossing, until the snow peas are just tender, about 2 minutes. Serve with the scallops and couscous.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.