Pickled Garlic – Sweetening the Medicine
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn January 5, 2020
Garlic is known to lower blood pressure, but it comes with a twist. Many have a problem with the strong taste and smell. Pickled Garlic, though, makes it more favorable, taking out the smells and adding flavors. Try this recipe below and add some garlic to many of your recipes.
Consuming garlic on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
Mp>While garlic ranks as an excellent source of manganese and vitamin B6, a very good source of vitamin C and copper, and a good source of selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B1, and calcium in our WHFoods rating system, it is the sulfur compounds in garlic that serve as its spotlight nutrients in terms of overall health
- 3 garlic bulbs, separated into cloves. (The amount will vary slightly depending on the size of your garlic)
- 700 ml vinegar, eg: white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure salt (not table salt, which has anti-caking additives that will make the brine cloudy)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 all spice berries
- 1 whole dried chilli, or 0.5 teaspoon chilli flakes
- spring fresh basil
- Sterilized 500ml jar
1. Blanch the garlic cloves in boiling water for one minute. This will loosen the papery skins and allow you to slip them off easily, once cool
2. Measure all the spices into a sterilized jar
3. Add the garlic cloves
4. Boil the vinegar, then pour it over the garlic cloves
5. Seal the jar and leave to cool overnight, before refrigerating.
Pickled cloves can be used in place of fresh garlic. Or try using them to stuff pitted olives, served alongside cheese canapés, added to Mediterranean stews, mashed into potato with olive oil, or served alongside other zingy palate cleansers at a raclette dinner.
Click Here For the full recipe and more.Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.