Pasta With Roasted Red Peppers and Almonds
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn July 16, 2017
Bringing you heart healthy recipes twice weekly can be a little daunting at times. I know that people love meat and potatoes. When I was a kid if meat and potatoes were not on the table it just didn’t seem like a meal. But the more I study nutrition, and the latest research from plant based medical doctors, the more I shy away from the norm. So this week something a little different from the kitchens of “Real Simple” Enjoy this Italian dish and try a meatless night once a week.
- 3/4 pound Campanella or penne pasta
- 4 red or orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- ¾ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup coarsely chopped roasted almonds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Place the peppers on a baking sheet skin-side up and broil until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scrape the charred skin from the peppers with a paring knife and wipe clean with paper towels.. Cut the flesh into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the peppers, olives, almonds, oil, thyme, 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the pasta and toss to combine (add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.