Oven-Baked British Fish & Chips
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn June 27, 2021
England! The Land of Big Ben, the clock not the quarterback, London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, and Fish & Chips. When I travel to England my first meal is always fish and chips. Now, trying to avoid deep-fried foods, I am trying to promote health while at the same time provide tasty menus with the DASH Diet.
This weeks recipe is Oven-Fried “Fish & Chips”. Deep fried foods have been shown to be very unhealthy. So try this healthier version for an enjoyable meal. You can also add a heart healthy coleslaw to enjoy with your fish and chips.
- 1 1/2 pound russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 pound Pacific cod, (see Note) or haddock, cut into 4 portions
As Seen On TV Sale.
Get $65 FREE Extras. Shop Now >>
1. Position racks in upper and lower third of oven; preheat to 425 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set a wire rack on another large baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.
2. Place potatoes in a colander. Thoroughly rinse with cold water, then pat dry completely with paper towels. Toss the potatoes, oil and 3/4 teaspoon Cajun (or Creole) seasoning in a large bowl. Spread on the baking sheet without the rack. Bake on the lower oven rack, turning every 10 minutes, until tender and golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, coarsely grind cornflakes in a food processor or blender or crush in a sealed plastic bag. Transfer to a shallow dish. Place flour, the remaining 3/4 teaspoon Cajun (or Creole) seasoning and salt in another shallow dish and egg whites in a third shallow dish. Dredge fish in the flour mixture, dip it in egg white and then coat all sides with the ground cornflakes. Place on the prepared wire rack. Coat both sides of the breaded fish with cooking spray.
4. Bake the fish on the upper oven rack until opaque in the center and the breading is golden brown and crisp about 20 minutes.
Click Here For More DASH Diet Recipes.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.