Oatmeal Pecan Waffles or Pancakes
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn March 18, 2020
This week we want to bring you a heart healthy breakfast recipe. Whether you call them hot cakes, flap jacks or pancakes they are a wonderful breakfast treat. Top with fresh fruit or real organic maple syrup, this is a breakfast most folks can enjoy. I do advise to stay away from smearing them in butter. Although yes they taste good, it removes the heart healthy factor and increase caloric intake.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted pecans, chopped
- 2 large eggs, separated (for pancakes, see note)
- 1 ½ cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fruit Topping:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, stems removed, and cut in half
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, sugar, and pecans in a large bowl.
3. Combine egg yolks, milk, and vegetable oil in a separate bowl, and mix well.
4. Add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir together. Do not over-mix; mixture should be a bit lumpy.
5. Whip egg whites to medium peaks. Gently fold egg whites into batter
6. Pour batter into preheated waffle iron, and cook until the waffle iron
light signals it’s done or steam stops coming out of the iron.
7. Add fresh fruit and light dusting of powdered sugar to each waffle, and serve.
Tip: For pancakes, do not separate eggs. Mix whole eggs with milk and oil, and eliminate steps 4 and 5.
Each serving provides:
Total Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Protein: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 50 g
Sodium: 331 mg
Added Sugars: 1.5 grams
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Cholesterol: 107 mg
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.