Mediterranean Chicken With Feta Topping
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn August 14, 2019
Serve this flavorful dish with crusty whole grain bread or over cooked orzo or rice to soak up the yummy sauce laced with creamy Feta. A slow cooker recipe that’s simple enough for a weeknight yet suitable for company.
- 8-4 oz (125 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts or 12 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 2 sweet peppers (red, yellow and/or orange), cut into strips
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/3 cupcrumbled lower fat Feta cheese or 1 cup crumbled regular Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
In a 6-1/2 quart (6.5 L) slow cooker, arrange chicken breasts or thighs in the bottom. Top with garlic, peppers, and onion. Drain 1/2 cup (125 mL) of juice from the tomatoes and reserve for another use.
Stir flour, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning into tomatoes and pour over the chicken and vegetables. (Make-ahead: cover with the lid and refrigerate overnight.)
Cover with lid and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours.
Turn off slow cooker. Stir in peas and top with Canadian Feta cheese. Cover with lid and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is softened and peas are heated. Sprinkle with parsley (if using).
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.