Turkish Red Lentil Soup
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn January 9, 2020
One of the my favorite things about winter is enjoying a variety of soups. There is something special about coming in from the cold and enjoying a hearty, warm, and delicious bowl of soup. Not soups that come out of a can, sorry Campbell’s, a heart healthy soup that takes a little time to prepare. So today I want to share one of my favorite soups to enjoy on a cold winter day.
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 Ribs of celery, chopped (1 cup)
- Water or broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1-2 Teaspoons of ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 6 Cups of vegetable broth
- 4 Plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Cup of red lentils
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Bunch cilantro, chopped
Watch how Julie Lowered her Blood Pressure Naturally. It was 170/110, this morning it was 120/80 Learn More…
1. Stir-fry onions and celery in water or broth in a large soup pot until tender.
2. Add bay leaf, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, vegetable broth, tomatoes, lentils, and chickpeas.
3. Ring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer covered for 45 minutes, until lentils are tender. Stir occasionally.
4. Right before serving, add cilantro and lemon juice.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.