Lentil Fritters With Red Cabbage Slaw
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn March 22, 2020
Here is a tasty take on my favorite Mediterranean dish, falafel. Serve this with a creamy tahini garlic sauce, a variety of salads, and you have a healthy meal. For a more heart healthy version you can also bake your fritters. It is easy to make, and definitely fun to eat.
- 2-15-ounce cans lentils, rinsed
- ½cup fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for serving
- ½cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½teaspoon ground cumin
- ½cup bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼head red cabbage, shredded (about 1½ cups)
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more for serving
- 4 pocketless pitas, warmed
1. In a food processor, puree 1 can of the lentils with the cilantro, parsley, garlic, and cumin until nearly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the breadcrumbs, the remaining can of lentils, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Form into sixteen ½-inch-thick patties.
2. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, lightly mash the cabbage with the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper; set aside. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, crushed red pepper, and ¼ cup water.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook the patties until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side, adding the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet for the second batch.
4. Dividing evenly, top each pita with the patties, cabbage mixture, yogurt sauce, and the additional cilantro and crushed red pepper.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.