Lemony Asparagus Pasta
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn May 8, 2022
Asparagus not only tastes delicious, but it also contains tons of vitamins and antioxidants that are good for us. It is also a well-known anti-inflammatory and has been seen to have a beneficial effect on reducing the risk of heart disease. Add dietary fibers and B vitamins and you have a super vegetable proven to help reduce hypertension.
Asparagus has been eaten and loved for thousands of years. The Romans, like modern Italians today, went wild for it and ate it as a delicacy with olive oil, until Julius Caesar was served a dish of asparagus with butter, which is how it’s often served today.
- 4 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped into inch long pieces
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Small pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1/3 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
$65 FREE Extras.
End Soon Shop Now >>
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook pasta for 6 minutes.
2. Add asparagus and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the pasta and asparagus are “al dente”.
3. Drain and return to the pan.
4. Whisk the milk, flour, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5. Heat oil in a small pan and add garlic. Cook until golden.
6. Add the milk mixture and whisk, bringing to a simmer. Keep stirring, cooking until sauce is thickened.
7. Add fresh tarragon, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir sauce into cooked pasta, add freshly grated Parmesan and serve.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.