Irish Beef Stew
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn May 20, 2020
One of the first jobs I had was working in an Irish steakhouse called Gallagher’s. It was an amazing place where I learned that I loved to cook. One of our top sellers was the Irish Beef stew. Marinated chunks of beef and fresh vegetables slow cooked for hours. The beef would shred right off the fork.
This is a DASH diet recipe that is sure to please. You can also serve this with a small portion of mash potatoes if you would like to add more richness. But remember portion size is important
- 1 pound beef round steak
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced sweet potato
- 1/2 cup diced white potato with skin
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup uncooked barley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable or beef stock
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, minced
- black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat grill or broiler (medium heat). Grill or broil steak 12 to 14 minutes turning once. Don’t overcook. Remove from heat and let rest while preparing vegetables.
2. In a large stock pot, saute vegetables in oil over medium-high heat until lightly brown, about 10 minutes. Add barley and cook an additional 5 minutes.
3. Pat meat dry with a paper towel. Dice grilled steak into half-inch pieces, add to the pot. Then add vinegar, stock, herbs, and spices.
4. Bring to simmer and let cook 1 hour, until barley is cooked and the stew has thickened considerably.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.