Heart Healthy Vegan Lasagna
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn July 1, 2020
Here’s a statistic that could make your heart skip a beat: the World Health Organization estimates that cardiovascular disease causes approximately 17.5 million deaths per year worldwide. That’s the bad news. The good news is that simply exercising regularly, maintaining a healthful weight, and eating smart can prevent 80 percent of cardiovascular disease. Try this vegan lasagna recipe and treat your heart to health.
For The Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 3 28-oz. cans peeled plum tomatoes, chopped with juices reserved
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 lb. dry uncooked eggless lasagna noodles
- 2 16-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- To make Sauce: In a large, heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes with juice, basil, parsley, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cover and simmer over low heat about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. When water boils, add salt and noodles. Cook until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain, rinse with water and drain again.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Crumble tofu into a medium bowl. Add garlic, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Spoon about 1 cup sauce over bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish. Add a layer of noodles and top with one-third tofu mixture. Spoon over about 1 1/2 cups sauce and top with another layer of noodles. Cover with the one-third tofu mixture and top with 1 1/2 cups of sauce and another layer of noodles. Top with the remaining tofu mixture and 1 cup sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand about 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve with remaining sauce.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.