Heart Healthy Lasagna Rolls
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn May 30, 2021
Make a hearty batch of lasagna rolls for your family using whole-grain noodles, fat-free ground turkey breast, and low-fat mozzarella cheese. Serve with a side dish of steamed vegetables or a tossed salad for a healthy, filling meal.
- 12 long whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 6 ounces ground turkey breast (skinless white meat, extra lean)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and follow cooking instructions on package. Drain water and let noodles cool. Once cool enough to touch, place each noodle flat and cut in half crosswise.
2. While the pasta cooks, brown the ground turkey in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat until cooked thoroughly. Drain any liquid, then add spinach and red pepper flakes to the cooked ground turkey. Heat until the spinach is warmed.
3. Remove turkey and spinach mixture from heat and let cool slightly. Place in a mixing bowl, add the ricotta cheese, and mix thoroughly.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread ½ cup of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 13×9″ baking dish. Add 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each lasagna noodle at one end, then roll into a tight package. Place each roll into the baking dish.
5. Top the lasagna rolls with the remaining 1-½ cups marinara sauce; sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes, until the cheese and sauce are bubbling.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.