We are always on the look out for simple but hearty and heart healthy recipes to share with our readers. Today’s recipe embraces a little Tex-Mex cooking that is sure to tantalize your taste-buds. Add a little low fat sour cream and pico de gallo and enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 red pepper, cored, de-seeded and thinly sliced.
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, de-seeded and thinly sliced.
- 450g (14 1/2 oz) skinned chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips.
- 1/8th teaspoon paprika.
- 1/8th teaspoon mild chili powder.
- 1/4th teaspoon cumin.
- 1/4th oregano.
- 4 soft flour tortillas.
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded.
- Guacamole, to serve (optional).
- Tomato salsa
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped.
- 425g (14oz) small vine-ripened tomatoes.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed.
- Large handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped.
- Freshly ground black pepper
- First make the tomato salsa. Combine the red onion, tomatoes, garlic and coriander leaves in a bowl. Season with black pepper, then cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large nonstick frying pan. Add the onion and peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken, paprika, chili powder, cumin and oregano and continue to cook for a further five minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for five minutes or according to packet instructors.
- Spoon one-quarter of the chicken mixture into the center of each tortilla, add a couple of tablespoons of tomato salsa and the shredded lettuce. Roll up and serve warm, accompanied by guacamole, if you like.
For More Heart Healthy Recipes.
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones. Learn More…
If you do have high blood pressure, there’s no need to worry immediately. Your doctor will be able to help ...
Try this amazing blueberry muffin recipe tomorrow morning to start of your day. Not only with your increase your daily ...
Smoking and high blood pressure? The nicotine in cigarette smoke is a big part of the problem. It raises your ...
When I am out and about busy with meetings having a healthy lunch can be problematic. So for me packing ...
Here is a twist on the traditional gyros. Crispy zucchini fritters get the gyro treatment with hummus and a lemony ...
With spring time here it means it is a great time to start firing up the grill once again. Grilled ...