Guilt-Free Carrot Cake
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn May 13, 2020
When I was a kid one of my favorite things to do was visit my grandmother. She was was a wonderful woman to know. When I would visit her she was always in the kitchen baking away. One of the things she baked was a cake I really loved to eat. Home made carrot cake. It was so good. And that was not all. She would make a Philadelphia Cream Cheese frosting to compliment the carrot cake.
But now I am older and have to watch the calories. Although I love that cram cheese frosting. So this week if you love carrot cake too here is a guilt free version of that beloved classsic.
- No-stick baking spray with flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar substitute
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- 1 ½ cups finely grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- One 6-ounce can unsweetened crushed pineapple,drained
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, optional
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Coat a 10-inch spring-form pan with baking spray.
2) Sift the white and whole wheat flours into a large bowl. Add the sugar substitute, brown sugar, dry milk, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Stir to mix well. Using the medium setting of an electric mixer, beat in the oil, egg and egg substitute until the batter is smooth. Fold in the carrots, walnuts, raisins and pineapple.
3) Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan. Remove the outer ring of the pan and sift confectioners’ sugar over the top, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.