Grilled Herb Scallops With Balsamic Syrup.
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn March 12, 2017
Gremolata, a herb condiment made with chopped parsley, minced garlic, and lemon peel, is the base for this quick marinade. Be sure to adhere to the two to four hour marinating time. Leaving scallops in the acidic mixture too long will ruin their wonderfully soft, creamy texture.
- 8 fresh or frozen sea scallops about 1 lb. total.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint.
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peal
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Place scallops in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl stir together oil, mint, parsley, the 2 tablespoons vinegar, the cheese, lemon peel, and garlic. Pour marinade over scallops. Seal bag; turn to coat scallops. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag once or twice.
- Drain scallops, discarding marinade. Thread each scallop onto a 6-inch skewer.*
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill scallops on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium-hot heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until scallops are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan bring the 1/2 cup vinegar to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced by half.
- Serve scallops with arugula. Drizzle with the reduced vinegar.
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes.
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.Learn More…