Tasty Leek, Greens, and Herb Quiche.
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn November 10, 2019
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well”, Virginia Wolf, British Novelist. Today we want to dine well from a recipe from Mount Olympus. An amazing quiche recipe that even would have Zorba the Greek dancing around with a bottle of ouzo. Enjoy this meal with a lovely Greek salad on the side.
And remember to share and invite friends to the dinner table. “For it is only in the company of others that eating is done justice; food must be divided and distributed if it is to be well received.” Walter Benjamin. German philosopher.
- 2 Tbs. fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 small leeks, white and light green parts halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard, kale, collard greens, or mustard greens
- 4 egg whites
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/8 Tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 Tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch glass pie dish with olive oil cooking spray. Scatter breadcrumbs over bottom of the pie dish.
2. Bring 4 cups salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add leeks; boil 3 minutes. Remove pot from heat, add Swiss chard, and let stand 30 to 45 seconds, or until greens are wilted. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again, squeezing out excess water with hands. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites until frothy. Whisk in eggs. Whisk in milk and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Whisk in tarragon and basil.
4. Scatter leeks and Swiss chard over breadcrumbs in a prepared pie dish. Dot cheese on top. Pour egg mixture into pie pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown on top. Cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.