What do you do with your leftover turkey or chicken? Sometimes all you need is a new twist to spark some life into a humdrum meal. Try this wonderful heart healthy soup and maybe serve it in a bread bowl that you can share this valentine’s day.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, sliced into coins
- 3 large stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 cups cubed roasted turkey (white and dark meat)
- 8 cups turkey broth
- 1 cup wild rice (or a wild rice blend, which is what I usually use because wild rice is so darn expensive on its own)
- 2/3 cup half and half cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the carrots and celery and cook until the veggies soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the turkey and turkey broth. Bring to a boil, add in the rice, bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the half and half, salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones. Learn More…
I love pizza. I really love pizza. But the average commercial pizza is loaded with so much sodium and fat…well ...
Can the foods we eat now drastically effect our health as we get older? Gloria thinks so. This 79 year old retired ...
Do you feel weak or tired, sometimes to the point of exhaustion, much of the time? If so, you’re not ...
Whether your are serving cheesy oven baked nachos, spicy bean burritos, or spicy chicken quesadillas, add this touch of southwestern ...
If you’re wondering what are the causes of high blood pressure you’ll find this information helpful. We cover known contributors ...
Cardio training reduces blood pressure by 10-15 points. But weight training reduces your blood pressure by 40 points. What do ...