What do you do with your leftover turkey or chicken? Sometimes all you need is a new twist to spark some life into a humdrum meal. Try this wonderful heart healthy soup and maybe serve it in a bread bowl that you can share this valentine’s day.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, sliced into coins
- 3 large stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 cups cubed roasted turkey (white and dark meat)
- 8 cups turkey broth
- 1 cup wild rice (or a wild rice blend, which is what I usually use because wild rice is so darn expensive on its own)
- 2/3 cup half and half cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the carrots and celery and cook until the veggies soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the turkey and turkey broth. Bring to a boil, add in the rice, bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the half and half, salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones. Learn More…
How much salt do you need?
Cutting salt from your diet is not just about taking the salt shaker off the ...
Hippocrates of Kos, the “Father of Modern Medicine” once stated, “Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.” ...
Can Xanax Help Lower Blood Pressure? The answer is both yes and no. Xanax is able to lower blood pressure ...
The American Heart Association recommends transcendental meditation for lowering high blood pressure. This comprehensive study shows amazing results for those ...
Why search for the best blood pressure monitor? How to choose it? These questions and more are answered in this ...
This version, of a chocolate truffle, we have created is heart healthy. A chocolate truffle is a type of ...