Asian Noodle Salmon Salad.
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn April 23, 2017
Salmon is known as being an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, but what most don’t know is that is it is also contains greater than 100 percent of recommended daily allowance for vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency is becoming more and more common, therefore increase your weekly consumption of salmon to help meet both your vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acid needs. The sauce is packed with antioxidant power thanks to the ginger, which has anti-inflammatory benefits, and garlic, that contains polysulfides which aids in expanding blood vessels and controlling blood pressure. Lastly, sesame seeds are loaded with a variety of minerals, including copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and selenium. Enjoy!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless wild salmon fillet
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced very thin
- 2 scallions, white parts and 3 inches of green, cut diagonally into ¼ inch slices
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or dry sherry
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1- 2 tablespoons garlic sauce
1) In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sugar substitute, and chili and garlic sauces to taste. Set aside.
2) Place the salmon in a microwave-safe dish. Add ¼ cup water and the lemon juice. Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes. Turn the fish over, cover tightly with plastic wrap, turning one corner back to form a vent. Rotate the fish if you not have a rotating tray. Microwave for another 4 minutes. Test with the sharp point of a knife to see if the fish flakes easily and is opaque. Cook for additional 10-second intervals if needed until cooked through. [Remember that the fish will continue to cook after it is removed from the microwave so don’t overcook it. It should be moist!]
3) Remove from the poaching liquid when cooked through, flake into bite-size pieces, and refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
4) Cook the pasta until al dente, according to the package directions. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and place in a large bowl. Toss the pasta with salmon, cucumber, scallions, cilantro and garlic sauce. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: (per serving)
- Calories: 410 (20% calories from fat)
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8 g
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Potassium: 900 mg
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
About RESPeRATE – Lower Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.Learn More…