Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn March 15, 2020
The trick to a heart-healthy meal is creating a dish that is good for but does not taste like cardboard. Heart-healthy does not mean boring and bland. So today’s recipes takes a favorite “Chicken Enchiladas” recipe with a twist. Quinoa is high in anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, which makes it potentially beneficial for human health in the prevention and treatment of disease.
Quinoa contains small amounts of the heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and, in comparison to common cereal grasses has a higher content of monounsaturated fat.
As a complete protein, quinoa contains all nine essential amino acids – including the elusive lysine and isoleucine acids, which most other grains lack. Naturally high in dietary fiber, quinoa is a slowly digested carbohydrate, making it a good low-GI option.
- 1 c. quinoa
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. corn kernels
- 1 c. red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- Chopped tomato, for garnish
- Diced avocado, for garnish
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until fluffy, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
4. Add cumin and chili powder and stir until combined, then add chicken, corn, and enchilada sauce (reserve 1 tablespoon for drizzling) and stir until combined.
5. Add 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (reserve rest for later use) and stir until combined, then top with cheese.
6. Bake until cheese is melty, 15 minutes.
7. Garnish with tomato, avocado, cilantro, and reserved enchilada sauce and serve.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.