I love the smell and taste of warm muffins coming out of the oven in the morning. A warm muffin with herbal tea is a wonderful heart-healthy way to start the day. Try this recipe this weekend for a Saturday morning treat your whole family is sure to love.
Chia seeds are packed with many health benefits. High in antioxidents, high in quality protein, omega-3 nutrients, lower fasting blood sugar and much more.
1-½ cups of whole-wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup ground chia seeds
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ginger
¾ cup 1% buttermilk
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup white grape juice concentrate
1 packed cup of grated zucchini (1 small)
1 packed cup of grated carrot (1 medium)
½ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup chopped dates
1) Preheat oven to 375° F. Place paper muffin cups in 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan.
Watch How Mark Lowered His Blood Pressure Naturally. It Was 150/100. Now It’s 110/79.
Learn How Mark Lowered his Blood Pressure Naturally
2) In a medium-size bowl, combine first nine ingredients.
3) In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, egg, canola oil, applesauce and white grape juice.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
5) Fold in the zucchini, carrot, walnuts, raisins and dates. Save a few walnut pieces to top the muffins.
6) Pour the batter into 10 of the cups (2/3 full). (Fill the extra two spaces with water to prevent burning.) Sprinkle on the reserved walnuts.
7) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.