Beer-Battered Fish Tacos
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn February 21, 2021
The first time I tried fish tacos I was stationed in Hawaii. The thought of fish and taco seemed somewhat strange.
But the taste, with a twist of lime, was amazing. Lovers of fried fish will get the taste without all the calories, and the salsa adds a fresh, clean note. To complete the Baja theme, serve with black beans, some diced mango and a bit of light sour cream.
Tomato & Avocado Salsa
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ jalapeno
- minced2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch of cayenne if desired for Fish Tacos
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- ⅓ cup beer
- 8 ounces tilapia fillet, cut crosswise into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
As Seen On TV Sale.
Get $65 FREE Extras. Shop Now >>
Combine tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime juice to taste, kosher salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in avocado and cilantro. Add cayenne (if using).
1. Combine flour, cumin, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl.
2. Whisk in beer to create a batter.
3. Coat tilapia pieces in the batter.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. add the fish to the pan, letting excess batter drip back into the bowl.
6. cook until crispy and golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
7. Serve the fish with tortillas and the salsa.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate salsa (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
To warm tortillas, wrap in barely damp paper towels and microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds or wrap in foil and bake at 300°F until steaming, 5 to 10 minutes.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.