Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn November 18, 2020
Soup. Don’t you just love that word? On a cold winter day, nothing can warm you up more than a bowl. I’ve always loved a creamy mushroom soup, but this Hungarian mushroom soup recipe is out of this world. It can be quite addicting.
The one thing I know for sure is a creamy soup makes the world feel just a little bit better. If you’re going to take the time to make a homemade soup, it should at least be a good one. This mushroom soup is a guaranteed winner!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (any kind – a mix is the best)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 cups of chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (I add more because I love lemon!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes. Put in the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
Stir in the dill, paprika, liquid aminos (or soy sauce) and broth. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Whisk the milk and flour together in a separate bowl. Pour into the soup and stir well. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stir occasionally.
3. Finally, stir in the ground black pepper, lemon juice and sour cream or Greek yogurt. Mix together and allow to heat over low heat, about 5 minutes. Do not boil. Add fresh parsley to the top for garnish and serve with crusty warm bread.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.