Heart Healthy Zesty Fried Chicken
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn May 2, 2021
I think the first food I ever had as a baby must have been fried chicken. Because ever since I can remember every time my family went out to eat, the first thing I looked for was fried chicken. And I am still that way today. But now with getting older and looking for more heart healthy alternatives eating out has become eating in.
That’s why appreciated finding a heart healthy fried chicken recipe. So if your a lover of fried chicken but need to cut out all the oils here is a recipe I know you are going to enjoy.
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 2 tsp. no-salt blackening seasoning
- kosher salt
- 4 c. cornflakes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 small chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb.), skin removed
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil. In a shallow bowl, combine the buttermilk, blackening seasoning and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Finely crush the cornflakes and transfer to a second bowl. Toss with the oil, then the parsley.
3. Dip the chicken in the buttermilk, letting any excess drip off, then coat in the cornflakes, pressing gently to help them adhere. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.