Heart Healthy Picadillo Pockets
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn October 7, 2019
Step aside hot-pockets we have something more healthy and tasty to share with our readers. This Latin American meat mixture has a wonderful filling made with raisins, cinnamon and olives just to name a few. Picadillo is normally served on tacos. But this recipe creates amazing picadillo pockets.
You can serve this with a homemade guacamole salad, and maybe some Spanish rice on the side. Don’t forget to bring the hot sauce.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 large pimento-stuffed olives, finely chopped
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 11-ounce tube refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 large egg
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, garlic and cinnamon and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
2. Add the beef, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste, chopped tomato, raisins and olives and cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let the mixture cool completely.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and brush a baking sheet lightly with vegetable oil. On a floured surface, roll out the dough and fill the dinner pockets.
5. Place the pockets seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Beat the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; brush the pockets with the egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.