Texas Style Grilled Beef Fajitas To Die For
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn July 17, 2018
One of the tastiest meats I love to cook on the grill is good old fajitas. The flavor of this meat right off the grill is absolutely to die for. The tender succulent meat is just wow! You can serve with warm flour tortillas and guacamole for an added treat.
I also like to include some baked potatoes cooked on the grill also. Now be careful because you can turn this into a very calorie dense meal if you are not careful.
For the Steak Fajita Marinade:
1. For the Fajita Marinade: Combine soy sauce, lime juice, canola oil, brown sugar, cumin, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer 1/2 cup (120ml) marinade to a large bowl and set aside.
2. For the Steak: Place steaks in a gallon-sized zipper-lock bag and add remaining marinade. Seal bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Massage bag until meat is fully coated in marinade. Lay flat in the refrigerator, turning every couple of hours, for at least 3 hours and up to 10.
3. For the Fajitas: While steak marinates, toss peppers and onions in a bowl with reserved 1/2 cup marinade. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Time For The Grill!
4. When ready to cook, remove steaks from marinade, wipe off excess, and transfer to a large plate. Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange coals on one side of charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill, and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil grilling grate.
5. Place a large cast iron skillet over cooler side of the grill. Transfer steaks to the hot side of the grill. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Flip steaks, cover, and cook for another minute. Continue cooking in this manner, flipping and covering, until steaks are well charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted into their center registers 115 to 120°F (46 to 49°C) for medium-rare or 125 to 130°F (52 to 54°C) for medium. Transfer steaks to a large plate, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, transfer cast iron skillet to the hot side of grill and allow to preheat for 2 minutes. Add pepper and onion mix and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and beginning to char in spots, about 10 minutes. When vegetables are cooked, transfer steaks to a cutting board and pour any accumulated juices from plate into a skillet with vegetables. Toss to coat.
7. Transfer vegetables to a warm serving platter. Thinly slice the meat against the grain and transfer to platter with vegetables. Serve immediately with hot tortillas, guacamole, pico de gallo, and other condiments as desired.
Click Here For More Delicious Recipes
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.