Eggs Florentine For Breakfast
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn October 29, 2019
If you are looking for something different for breakfast here it is. Eggs Florentine. In the culinary arts, the word Florentine (pronounced “FLOR-en-teen”), or the term à la Florentine, refers to a recipe that is prepared in the style of the Italian region of Florence.
This is a great way to start your morning. Instead of going through a drive through try making this tasty breakfast treat at home.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon and lime juice
- 1 Tbs. water
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 pinches of freshly ground white pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 Tbs. softened unsalted butter
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 8 eggs
1. To make the sauce, in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, combine the egg yolks, lemon and lime juice and water and whisk constantly until the mixture begins to thicken, then continue whisking for about 1 minute more, but remove the bowl from over the pan as soon as the mixture thickens. Add the salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper. Using a stick blender with the aerator attachment, blend the mixture while slowly pouring in the melted butter in a thin stream until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Cover and keep warm over very low heat until ready to serve.
Lightly spread the cut side of each muffin with 1 tsp. of the softened butter.
In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the remaining 1 tsp. butter. Add the spinach and cook until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. You should have about 1 1/2 cups cooked spinach. Keep warm.
Fill an egg-poaching pan with 1/2 inch water, set the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Lightly coat the poaching cups with nonstick cooking spray and crack an egg into each cup. Cover and cook until the whites are firm and the yolks are glazed over but still soft, about 3 minutes, or until done to your liking. Transfer the eggs to a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining eggs.
Place 2 muffin halves on each of 4 warmed individual plates. Top each muffin half with some of the spinach, an egg and some of the sauce. Serve immediately.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.