DASH Diet Seafood Kabobs
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn March 7, 2021
Summer is here in some parts of the United States. Now is the time it is time to put the “Shrimp On The Barbie.” This DASH Diet seafood kabobs recipe is great for those looking for a heart-healthy meal, that is geared towards those with high blood pressure. So fire up the grill and enjoy this mouth-watering meal.
- 1 pound skinless fresh fish fillets, 1-inch thick (salmon, halibut, sea bass, and/or red snapper)
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Watch How Mark Lowered His Blood Pressure Naturally. It was 150/100, this morning it was 110/79 Learn More…
1. Rinse fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 1-inch cubes. Set aside. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and de-vein shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. Set aside.
2. Cut off and discard upper stalks of fennel bulbs, reserving some of the leafy fronds. Snip 2 tablespoons of the fronds for use in the marinade. Remove any wilted outer layers from bulbs; cut off a thin slice from the base of each bulb. Wash and cut each bulb lengthwise into six wedges. Cook wedges, covered, in a small amount of boiling water about 5 minutes or until nearly tender and drain.
3. Place fish cubes, shrimp, and fennel wedges in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a deep bowl. For marinade, stir together snipped fennel fronds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt. Pour over seafood and fennel wedges. Close bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
4. Drain fish cubes, shrimp, and fennel wedges, discarding marinade. Thread fish cubes, shrimp, and fennel wedges on skewers, alternating varieties. (If desired, transport in a covered shallow container in an insulated cooler with ice packs. Grill within 1 hour.)
5. Place on a greased rack of a grill directly over medium-hot coals; grill, uncovered, for 8 to 12 minutes, turning often, until fish flakes when tested with a fork and shrimp turn opaque. Makes 6 servings.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.