Cauliflower Fried Rice
Written by Eli Ben-YehudaOn October 11, 2020
My wife has type 2 diabetes. So I am always trying to find ways to lower the glycemic index of our food. Trying to do so and yet have it tasty can be a challenge. I have used this to make her favorite stuffed peppers and substituted cauliflower for the rice.
This is a great substitute and tastes wonderful. Anytime a recipe calls for rice I use the cauliflower as my substitute. Enjoy this recipe with your family for healthy eating.
- 1/2 large head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 orange pepper, cut into thin 1/2″ pieces
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 2″ piece ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 2 tsp. honey ***If your are diabetic use a sugar substitute***
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 1 c. frozen edamame, thawed
- Lime wedges, for serving
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding the tough inner core and leaves. Working in batches, transfer the cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice, about 15 seconds (be careful not to over-process or cauliflower will get mushy). Set aside, then repeat with the remaining cauliflower (you should have about 4 cups of cauliflower).
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pepper, the white parts of the scallion, and the ginger; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower, toss to combine and cook, covered, stirring once, for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chili garlic paste, and honey. In a separate small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Push the cauliflower mixture to one side of the skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then the eggs, scrambling until cooked, 2 minutes.
4. Remove skillet from heat and fold in the eggs, sauce, peas, and edamame. Serve with thinly sliced scallion greens and lime wedges.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…Tags:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.