If you’ve recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure, your first reaction might be to panic. You’ve been told that unless you make lifestyle changes right away you may be at risk of complications from heart attacks, kidney problems and strokes. You may even have been prescribed medications to give you a head start to controlling your blood pressure. But meds alone don’t always work – in fact as many as 20 per cent of people don’t see positive effects from medications alone.
How to lower blood pressure naturally
As well as making the necessary changes to your diet, reducing salt intake and getting more exercise, there are various natural technologies on the market that can help you combat high blood pressure. With no side effects or harmful chemicals, they may prove to be a good addition to your armory of weapons against this debilitating condition. Here’s a brief round-up of how to lower blood pressure using these devices:
- The Medicomat acupuncture massage machine has been specifically designed as an aid to lowering high blood pressure. According to traditional Chinese medicine, the device activates acupuncture points in the body, regulating the balance of the body, and stabilising or lowering blood pressure.
- The Zona Plus is a device that could help to lower blood pressure via an exercise therapy routine that uses researched algorithms. By performing handgrip squeezes, prompted by online prompts, it allows users to lower blood pressure without having to hit the gym.
- The Kinetic Blood Pressure Lowering Device is another clinically proven way of how to lower blood pressure naturally. It works by relaxing the muscles that surround the arteries, helping them to dilate and reduce pressure. This is achieved by users having been guided in the therapeutic breathing zone, and involves the use of breathing sensors.
- The Breathe-Easy System uses the natural power of controlled breathing in rhythm to beautiful music, to lower blood pressure. It involves slow breathing synchronized with calming music, and takes just 15 minutes of time a day as part of a long term strategy – along with necessary lifestyle changes – to lower blood pressure.
- The RESPeRATE is another device that uses breathing exercises to lower blood pressure. The only non-drug therapy to be FDA cleared as a treatment for high blood pressure, it’s clinically proven to lower blood pressure. Used for just 15 minutes a day, the RESPeRATE unit guides you through breathing techniques synchronizing breathing to a melody listened to through headphones. By gradually lengthening exhalations, the muscles surrounding the small blood vessels relax, blood flows more easily and blood pressure drops.
These gadgets offer to provide a natural solution of how to lower blood pressure, with none of the side effects associated with prescribed medicines. If you’ve been prescribed blood pressure meds you should continue to take them, unless your doctor advices otherwise. They can safely be used in conjunction with the above therapies – the RESPeRATE in particular has been highly recommended by doctors themselves, who have found it useful in treating their own high blood pressure.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug therapy cleared by the FDA for the treatment of high blood pressure and the reduction of stress. It is the first medical device that has been clinically proven to lower blood pressure.