When was the last time you ate at an Italian restaurant? The red and white checkered table clothes. The music, the wine, the candles and the rich warm ambiance. It makes you want to shout Mama Mia! So tonight try this heart healthy recipe and bring a taste of “Little Italy” home tonight.
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (28 oz each) Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes-No Salt Added, drained, liquid reserved
- 2 cups (16 oz) Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces dry multi-grain spaghetti, uncooked
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, beef and onion; cook 5 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more or until fragrant.
- Crush tomatoes with hands; add to saucepan. Add reserved tomato liquid, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, bouillon granules and Italian seasoning; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add spaghetti to saucepan; toss to combine. Cook over low heat 2 minutes or until sauce and spaghetti are hot. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese just before serving.
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes