This cold-water fish is a great source of protein and is also packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. The American Heart Association advises eating salmon and other omega-3 rich foods twice a week for benefits that go beyond heart health. Enjoy this heart healthy salmon recipe from Chef Jamie Oliver.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 2.5 cm or 1″ piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 150 ml or 3/4 cup organic vegetable stock
- 150 ml or 3/4 cup reduced fat coconut milk
- 6-8 lime leaves or 1 lime
- 1 long red chili
- 4 x 150 g salmon fillets, from sustainable sources
- soy sauce , optional.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 374 F.
- Scrub the sweet potato clean, then slice into thin rounds. Arrange the slices, overlapping, in a large roasting tin.
- Bruise the lemongrass, then finely chop the tender parts. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Peel and finely slice the chili.
- Mix the sesame oil, stock, coconut milk and two-thirds each of the lemongrass, ginger and garlic. Pour over the potatoes, tuck in the lime leaves (or squeeze the juice on top and scatter over the zest) and sprinkle with the chili.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are done. About 8 to 10 minutes before the cooking time is up, sit the fish on the potatoes and top with the rest of the lemongrass, ginger and garlic.
- When the fish is just cooked, drizzle with soy sauce, if you like. Delicious served with green beans and mangetout.
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes.