Home remedies for High Blood Pressure are a Natural way to lower it
Generally the first line of defense for hypertension is drug therapy. But before starting drug therapy, try lifestyle changes and some home remedies for high blood pressure. Medications can be harsh, and while best avoided if possible, if you are on them, know that natural remedies can interfere with their functioning.
Of course, there are things we can do to help ourselves control our high blood pressure. Lifestyle changes such as lose weight, quit smoking, decrease the amount of alcohol you drink, and cut back on caffeine. We also know that we need to make healthier food choices at mealtime.
There are also other natural methods to lower your blood pressure without side effects. So today we would like to highlight some additional home remedies for high blood pressure for you to try at home.Home Remedies for high blood pressure – Staff Picks:
- Ginger-Cardamom Tea: A study, done in December of 2009, was published in the Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics.They gave a group of participants 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder daily for several weeks. The results showed a significant reduction in blood pressure. Combined with ginger and cinnamon, both warming spices that improve circulation, you can make a lovely tea to help your heart get healthy.
- Eat Melon In The Morning: Every morning, be faithful to watermelon. Often times watermelon as viewed as a strictly summer fruit, one for seed spitting contests and barbecues, but it can also help lower blood pressure. Why does it help lower blood pressure? Watermelon contains an organic compound called citrulline. Once it enters the body it is converted to L-arginine, the precursor to nitric-oxide. Nitric-oxide in the body relaxes the blood vessels causing your blood pressure to decrease. A great natural remedy to enjoy.
- Cat’s Claw: Cat’s claw is a popular herb in China, South America, and Central America. It is widely used in China for the treatment of high blood pressure. Cat’s claw lowers blood pressure by inducing vasodilation. Dilated blood vessels allows the blood to flow more easily. It also acts as a mild diuretic and rids the body of harmful excess fluid.
- Enzyme CoQ10: CoQ10 is a naturally occurring enzyme. It contains antioxidants that are good for maintaining cardiac health. CoQ10 has been shown to decrease blood pressure and reduces the thickening of the heart muscle (hypertrophy). There are no known side effects of CoQ10 since it naturally occurs in the body. According to the Mayo Clinic, for the treatment of hypertension, take 60-360 milligrams daily for 8-12 weeks.
- Vitamin-D: According to a study published in “The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology” vitamin-d, the sunshine vitamin, was proven to reduce blood pressure. Because people are spending less time outdoors people are becoming vitamin-d deficient. Over 1 billion people to be exact.
Further reading on home remedies for high blood pressure:
References used for this article:
- Try this Amish home remedy for high blood pressure – Read More…
- Can homeopathic treatment reduce high blood pressure? – Read More…
- Natural Remedies for High Blood Pressure – Watch Video…
- Five Natural Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure – Read More…
About RESPeRATE – Lower High Blood Pressure Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones. Learn More…